Frank is ranked by independent legal directory Chambers & Partners which says he is “very good and very knowledgeable” and by Legal 500 which says he has a “high profile in the cloud computing industry”.
Frank leads the firm's Commercial Group and is a lawyer specialising in cloud & technology, commercial contracts, data security, & intellectual property. His clients come to him not just for his specialist legal advice but also rely upon him for his can-do mentality and his pragmatic approach to solving problems and managing risk.
Cloud and Technology
- Advice on all aspects of technology including software, agile development & web
- Advises cloud providers selling cloud, SaaS and MSP solutions on how to manage risk, such as The Internet Group, Wirebird, Databarracks, ChannelCloud and Ebix Europe
- Advises clients buying cloud solutions on how to avoid the pitfalls
- Regularly presents and delivers thought leadership on cloud & data issues including cloud contracting, service credits, SLAs, Prism/ Tempora and data security & sovereignty issues
- Blogs at http://thecloudlawyer.net
Commercial contracts & intellectual property rights
- Business-focused pragmatic legal advice for customers on their supplier relationships and suppliers on their customer relationships, identifying, reducing and managing risk to maximise ROI. Frank's robustly drafted contracts often help clients avoid expensive disputes later
- Areas covered include: terms of sale, manufacturing, distribution and agency, provision of content and services, consultancy, corporate support & confidentiality
- Advice on the protection and exploitation of copyright, trade marks / brands / domain names, franchises, endorsements and sponsorship
- Advice on data protection compliance and data security issues