Huw leads on a full range of major planning projects within the residential, community, heritage, commercial and leisure sectors.
He has a wide variety of experience including:
• co-ordination and management of large consultant teams
• all aspects of planning appeal work
• negotiating legal agreements
• strategic promotion of sites and development plan representation
• listed building and heritage planning work
• site appraisals
• environmental impact assessment
• sustainability appraisals and strategic environmental studies
Huw has a number of years experience of development control and policy planning in both the private and public sectors. He works for a number of private developers, landowners, national and regional housebuilders, housing associations, public sector organisations and Trusts.
His specialism is steering major developments through the planning process, particularly within sensitive environments. Recent work includes the restoration and extension of a Grade II former mansion house to a hotel in the Green Belt, a new visitor facilities and access scheme at the Stonehenge world heritage site, a major development within a Grade II registered historic park and major city centre hotel and office redevelopment.