We have a niche specialism in highways, rights of way issues and the provision of infrastructure in connection with development. We act for a broad range of private and public sector clients in this area.
We advise on the whole range of highways issues arising thoughout the development process and beyond. We also have experience in advising on rights of way issues and their impact on development schemes, the rights and liabilities of landowners and users of rights of way, and how to protect sites from creation of rights of way. We have the specialist legal knowledge necessary to help clients manage and find solutions to the complex problems caused by rights of way.
In addition we have a specialist infrastructure team who can produce the necessary agreements to ensure that infrastructure is delivered, adopted and maintained, (i.e. s 104 Water Industry Act agreements).
Our specialist expertise include the following:
- Section 278 Highways Act agreements
- Section 177 Highways Act licences
- Section 50 New Roads and Street Works Act licences
- Dedication and adoption of highways (Section 38 and 228 Highways Act agreements and Section 37 applications)
- Creation, diversion and extinguishment of public rights of way, including advocacy at Inquiries
- Applications for stopping up or diversion of highways and footpaths
- Traffic Regulation Orders
- Obstructions of the highway