Are you a driven and enthusiastic 2-3 year PQE Family Solicitor who wants to be responsible for their own caseload? Do you want to work for an award winning, supportive law firm that develops their own? This could be the beginning of the rest of your career!
DMH Stallard is a legal 100 firm which provides integrated legal services from offices in London, Gatwick, Guildford and Brighton. We were awarded Corporate Law Firm of the Year by South East Dealmakers in 2012, 2014, 2016 and again this year.
We are currently looking for a Family Solicitor (2-3 PQE) to be based at our Brighton site. The successful candidate will support in assisting the Head of Family to get firmly involved with developing the work in our new Brighton office. The range of work will be highly dependent on the business that is built up within the office but would include areas such as divorce proceedings, family disputes, mediations, child arrangements and co-habitee disputes etc. The successful candidate will be responsible for their own caseload under supervision and own fee targets but will be expected to assist where called upon to work with other members of the Group. The candidate will also be expected to attend court, usually with Counsel.
This is a brand new role and therefore there is scope for the right person to mould the position in to their own.
To be considered candidates should have the following:
- 2 – 3 PQE in Family law (although we are happy to consider applicants who have not got exclusively a family background)
- Familiarity with (and, ideally, be achieving) time recording and fee targets
- Enthusiasm and motivation to get heavily involved with business development activities
- Motivation and desire to continuously develop own technical expertise
- Strong team player with willingness to support others
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, in writing, over the telephone, and in meetings
- Good knowledge of the Brighton and surrounding region
For a full job description, click here.
The role is full time with core business hours of 9.15am - 5.15pm Monday to Friday (although the candidate will be expected to devote such time to their duties as is reasonably necessary to fulfil them).
The role is in our Brighton office, however, travel to other DMH offices may be required (Additional travel expenses incurred will be covered by the firm).
Benefits include 25 days holiday as well as the day off for your birthday, social budget for team events, private medical insurance, life assurance, season ticket loans, a 5% pension contribution and a salary sacrifice scheme for childcare vouchers.
Do you hold all the essential qualifications and / or experience listed in the job advert for this role?:
Do you have the right to work in the UK?:
Do you have any unspent criminal convictions?: