The next round of our ever popular Employment Law Breakfast Workshops will take place in March and with the UK due to leave the EU, the focus will be on the issue of Brexit, specifically the potential near-term impact on UK employment law and business immigration.
Our experts will provide you with an insight into the challenges and opportunities that may face UK employers, with a particular focus on the impact of an end to ‘free movement’ and what the post-Brexit immigration system might hold for those who recruit staff from outside the UK.
We can’t promise to provide any certainty as to what the future holds, but we will provide an up to date review of the current position, and discuss strategic responses to the changes ahead.
We will be focusing on the following:
Deal or no deal?: The differing impact of departure with, and without, an agreement
- The latest position on the Withdrawal Agreement
- The EU Settlement Scheme, and the “Employers Toolkit”
- The UK Governments’ approach to Citizens rights in the event of “no deal”
- “Cut off” dates, and what this means for planning recruitment from abroad
- The impact of Brexit on UK employment law
Looking ahead to 2021 and beyond
- The Government’s White Paper on the future “skills-based” immigration system to be introduced in 2021
- To be or not to be? The pros and cons of becoming a Licensed sponsor under the Points Based System
- Contingency planning, including making use of Tier 4 (student) visa, temporary work/switching opportunities
Tuesday 26 March 2019
17 Jubilee Street
BN1 1GE (map)
8.30am - Breakfast and registration
8.45am - Seminar to begin
10.30am - Seminar to end
REGISTER FOR BRIGHTON
DMH Stallard's employment workshops are free to attend but places are limited. Please note that due to the popularity of these events, a place is only guaranteed once confirmed by email 14 days prior to the event. Please register your interest if you would like to attend. For further information, please contact Amber.James@dmhstallard.com
This seminar is being repeated across our other office locations on alternative dates: