Thursday 27 January 2022
9.15 - 10.15am
An overview of the key cases and legislation from 2021 including:
- The introduction of IR35 for the private sector
- Protection for workers raising health and safety concerns
- When could an agenda to reduce gender pay gap be discriminatory?
- A roundup of the latest GIG economy cases
A review of the principles arising from the first Covid-19 related cases, including:
- Can employees who refuse to work due to safety concerns be dismissed?
- What happens if an employee states that they will only work from home?
- Is it fair to dismiss an employee for a suspected breach of isolation rules?
- Could it be discriminatory to require employees to attend the workplace?
A preview of what is likely to come in 2022:
- A new statutory right to carer’s leave
- Proposals to widen laws to protect pregnant employees
- Proposals to change liability for third party harassment
- Proposals to make flexible working requests a day one right
This webinar is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Professional legal advice should be obtained before taking, or refraining from taking, any action as a result of the contents of this webinar.