We are in a period of rapid change with a growing economy and a record number of job vacancies. However, diminished European labour and staff shortages are creating challenges for employers as they seek to resource the right individuals. Many employers have advanced their thinking in terms of how people work. Equally the workforce itself is rethinking how it wants to work. The shift away from typical employment models is accelerating.
We consider the current challenges facing organisations in respect of recruitment and retention taking into account the effect of the pandemic on different ways of working, overseas labour and continuing changes in respect of employment status.
The effect of the pandemic
The overseas dimension
- Staff expectations
- Reluctance to return to or enter some sectors
- Implications on staff recruitment and retention
The shifting sands of employment status
- Impact of Brexit on easy access to EU labour
- How do you draw people to the UK?
- Is engaging people to work from abroad, long-term, a viable alternative?
- The basics of employment status - how are things changing?
- Varying picture across other countries
- The Gig economy and IR35
Partner, Business Immigration
This webinar is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Professional legal advice should be obtained before taking, or refraining from taking, any action as a result of the contents of this webinar.