Requests for flexible working can present employers with challenging legal and practical problems.
- How do you deal with your legal responsibilities towards remote workers?
- How do condensed working patterns fit in with overtime?
- If you have competing requests, which can you reject without the risk of discrimination?
- Are some requests more deserving than others and are you allowed to make that judgment?
- Are you confident about how to calculate holiday entitlement and are you aware of the pitfalls for someone switching to part time hours half way through the year?
Business needs have to be balanced carefully against the risks of expensive claims; complying fully with the flexible working regulations does not always mean that employers will avoid claims for indirect discrimination or constructive dismissal.
The Employment Team has chosen a selection of difficult flexible working conundrums and will be working through them to provide practical solutions to some difficult and complex issues.
DATES & LOCATIONS
- Guildford: Tuesday 5 June 2018, DMH Stallard offices, 1st Floor, Wonersh House, The Guildway, Old Portsmouth Road, Guildford, GU3 1LR (map) - REGISTER
- Brighton: Friday 22 June 2018, MyHotel, 17 Jubilee Street, Brighton, BN1 1GE (map) - REGISTER
- London: Tuesday 26 June 2018, DMH Stallard offices, 6 New Street Square, New Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 3BF (map) - REGISTER
- Gatwick: Thursday 28 June 2018, DMH Stallard offices, Griffin House, 135 High St, Crawley RH10 1DQ (map) - REGISTER
08.30am - breakfast and registration
08.45am - seminar begins
10.30am - seminar ends
DMH Stallard's workshops are free to attend but places are limited. Please note due to the popularity of these events a place is only guaranteed once confirmed by email 14 days prior to the event. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org