Advised and facilitated transactions from the term sheet stage to closing and post completion in the development finance, real estate finance, asset finance, acquisition finance and sports finance asset classes.
Advising corporate and individual lenders, borrowers and guarantors on debt transactions in hotel and leisure, retail, healthcare, TMT and real estate spaces.
Ahmed has significant experience drafting and advising on LMA facility documentation, intercreditor and priority arrangements, cross jurisdictional security packages including guarantees, debentures, assignments and legal charges.
Notable achievements include:
- Advised on a development loan of up to £25m
- Advised on a convertible loan note instrument with both domestic and cross border security of secured loan notes up to £10m.
- Advised on multiple bridging finance lends from challenger banks for up to £50m.
- Advised on the banking elements of the sale of a football club including review of assignment of premier league receivables and transfer proceeds receivables.
- Advised on the purchase of multiple hotels and other commercial property up to £50m.
- Advised an international corporate borrower in the global telecommunications space on a £20m secured loan facility as part of its group refinancing.
- Advised a company in issuing series A-C Eurobonds up to £50m.
- Advised numerous corporate and individual borrowers and lenders on both term loans and revolving credit facilities for facilities up to £10m.
- Advised a European corporate lender on a facility agreement and registration of its security in the UK.
Ahmed is also a member of Loan Market Association.