Alice is a solicitor in the Gatwick real estate dispute resolution group and she deals with a range of tenancy and leasehold matters.
Alice has wide experience in property litigation and aims to find a balance between interpreting the law and finding commercial solutions to achieve the best results for her clients. She is commonly instructed by local authorities to bring possession claims based on failed succession, antisocial behaviour, non-occupation, subletting and rent arrears. Alice also advises and acts for local authorities in relation to injunction proceedings, disrepair disputes and closure orders.
Alice regularly undertakes leasehold dispute and recovery work for a wide range of freehold companies and letting agents.
Alice also advises on non-contentious landlord and tenant matters including lease interpretation and tenancy advice.
Alice joined DMH Stallard in 2016 from Oliver Fisher where she managed a caseload of contentious property and civil litigation files. She also spent 18 months working as a County Court advocate where she represented clients in a variety of matters including insolvency, consumer credit contractual disputes, mortgage repossession and debt recovery.
- Successfully bringing a possession claim for a local authority landlord based on the new mandatory ground for possession (section 84A Housing Act 1985)
- Advising a private portfolio landlord in lease interpretation on the lawfulness of administration charges
- Bringing injunction proceedings for a local authority landlord for access and to prohibit antisocial behaviour
- Advising a registered provider of social housing on the law surrounding Gas Safety Certificates
- Acting for a local authority landlord in a possession claim based on non-occupation and subletting
Alice's memberships and associations
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Law Society
- Property Litigation Association (PLA)
- Social Housing Law Assocaition (SHLA)
- Women in Social Housing (WiSH)