What they say
"Blair is a highly knowledgeable and solution-oriented lawyer who always gives advice that takes into account our strategy and longer-term focus. He is extremely accessible and efficient and provides excellent service and value"
Managing Director, Global Private Equity Fund
Blair is a Partner in the London employment
group. He has expertise in many industry sectors including financial services, private equity and venture capital, professional services, TMT, manufacturing, logistics and energy. His focus is on helping clients achieve practical outcomes in difficult situations.
Blair advises clients operating internationally and is recognised for his ability to give pragmatic and commercial advice on UK law and for advising on cross-jurisdictional matters including pan-European restructuring exercises.
His clients include investment fund managers, global manufacturing businesses, technology companies, family office interests, and owner-managed businesses.
Blair has a great deal of experience in advising on the employment aspects of transactions and has particular expertise of TUPE. He also advises on employment disputes, including litigation in the Employment Tribunals and the High Court.
- An insurance broker on claims for unfair dismissal and breach of contract
- A waste management company on TUPE aspects of a tender to a consortium of local authorities
- An IT service provider on the departure of two founding directors and subsequent litigation
- A well-known manufacturer on the restructuring of its European operations
- A recruitment business on injunction proceedings against a departing team
- A private company a company on the removal of its CEO and the acquisition of his shares
- A company on setting up an employee shareholder scheme
- A company on whether enhanced redundancy terms had acquired contractual status
Blair's memberships and associations
- Employment Lawyers Association
- City HR Association