Claire is a Partner in the private client department, and is based in our Brighton office. She provides advice on all aspects of estate planning, wills and trust creation to a broad cross section of clients. She also acts in the administration of high value and complex estates.
She also has expertise in advising on and managing the affairs of elderly and vulnerable clients including dealing with powers of attorney and Court of Protection work.
She advises on estate planning, inheritance tax, the administration of estates, post-death tax planning and on the creation of trusts, including tax implications. She also drafts Wills for clients with a wide range of requirements, including those providing for dependants with learning difficulties. Claire also advises on Powers of Attorney and dealing with the Office of the Public Guardian.
Recent work examples
- Administered the estates of a couple who had each been domiciled abroad and who owned property in other countries. She dealt with the English Inland Revenue and worked with lawyers in the other countries to ensure that the estates were administered efficiently and effectively
- Gave clients advice on the most efficient way of holding properties so that their future tax liabilities were minimised whilst still retaining control over those properties
- Advised clients where one partner has a life-limiting condition so that each makes the best provision for the other and for their children
Claire's memberships and associations
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Mencap’s specialist solicitors panel
- Solicitors for the Elderly