Dominic joined the team in September 2017, having previously worked at a regional firm based in East Sussex for eight years. Prior to that, Dominic obtained his Law Degree at the University of Birmingham and has since (in 2019) completed his Graduate Fast Track Diploma at CILEx Law School with a distinction in Probate Practice. Dominic was admitted to the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives in February 2021.
Dominic is based in the Horsham office and advises individuals, families, trustees and beneficiaries on a range of matters including succession, trust and tax issues. He also advises on probate matters and executor duties as well as the preparation of powers of attorney.
Recent work examples
- Advising clients on the creation of family trusts either from personal or inherited wealth for protection and flexibility and, ultimately, mitigating ongoing Inheritance Tax exposure
- Advising clients on the current Residence Nil Rate Band regime and implementing suitable Wills and a succession plan to make use of this and other allowances (such as Business and Agricultural Reliefs), providing efficient Inheritance Tax planning on death
- Advising trustees on their ongoing duties and preparation of all necessary trustee documentation to ensure the trust is run properly and effectively
- Preparing Declarations of Trust for property co-owners, ensuring that funds contributed to the property are protected and correctly distributed on sale or break-up
Dominic's memberships and associations
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx)