What they say
"Emma Pumfrey-Selman is a rising star .... always very well prepared and on top of the facts of cases."
Legal 500 UK 2020
Emma focuses on corporate and commercial disputes, with particular expertise in the banking sector.
She gained significant experience in this sector when on secondment to the litigation team of a leading
High Street bank and has subsequently undertaken advisory and Court-related work for some of the UK’s leading banks.
Emma is regularly instructed on matters involving issues such as professional negligence, misrepresentation, bailment, breach of contract, enforcement of guarantees, debt recovery and commercial and corporate fraud. She also advises on judicial reviews.
Emma has experience of both litigation and ADR, such as mediation.
Recent work examples
- Successfully resolving a high profile, multi-faceted claim for a leading High Street bank involving allegations of breach of contract and negligence worth in the region of £8 million
- Representing a leading High Street bank in a breach of contract claim culminating in a two day trial in the Technology & Construction Court
- Representing a high net worth individual in connection with a potential claim against them arising out of their purchase of certain shares in a UK limited company alleged to be charged to a large overseas bank
- Acting for a large overseas company in connection with a potential claim against it on the basis of wrongful appropriation and conversion arising out of its purchase of the entire issued share capital of a UK limited company
- Successfully representing a private individual in challenging an insurer’s decision to decline to pay out under a terminal illness claim; the client ultimately received the insurance monies, interest, costs and a refund of their insurance premiums
- Representing a claimant in an application for judicial review culminating in an oral hearing in the Administrative Court