Faye qualified into the real estate dispute resolution team in September 2011 after successful completion of her Training Contract with the firm. She obtained a first class degree at Sussex University (LLB) and completed the LPC with distinction at the College of Law in Guildford.
Faye has a busy and varied practice covering a wide range of residential property disputes, including possession claims for public sector as well as private landlords (eg anti-social behaviour, rent arrears, unlawful sub-letting, obtaining tenancy by deception, non-occupation, succession claims, section 21 notices); as well as service charge disputes both in the County Court and First Tier Tribunal; other breaches of covenant; lease extensions, right to manage and collective enfranchisement claims; boundary and title disputes. Faye also undertakes non-contentious landlord and tenant work, including tenancy reviews and advice, and lease interpretation.
- Acting for public sector landlord in possession claim for unlawful sub-letting including substantial claim for unlawful profit made by secure tenant under Prevention of Social Housing Fraud Act 2013;
- Acting for private portfolio landlord client in recovering substantial major works expenses and service charges in respect of high value central London property;
- Securing closure order in respect of premises associated with persistent and severe anti-social behavior and subsequently securing possession;
- Acting for group of leaseholders in West Sussex to exercise right to manage estate with a number of self-contained blocks of flats;
- Dealing with complex title dispute where property transferred fraudulently by one of two joint tenants.
Faye's memberships and associations
- Law Society
- Property Litigation Association (PLA)
- Social Housing Law Association (SHLA)
- Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP)
- Women in Property (WiP)
- Women in Social Housing (WiSH)