What they say
"Calm, professional and diligent; clients benefit from her years of legal experience in the banking sector when faced with particularly complex issues."
Gwen heads up the banking and finance
group at DMH Stallard. She specialises in debt finance and refinance including acquisition finance, asset based lending, corporate and commercial banking, property finance, trade finance and syndications.
She is recognised as a leader in her field by both Chambers and Partners Guide to The Legal Profession and Legal 500 and advises on transactional matters and the updating of standard forms.
In Chambers 2019, clients have said they use the banking and finance group at DMH Stallard as,"They always try to find a way to get something done and get to the heart of the issue quickly; "they are efficient, professional and reliable".
Gwen is the general editor and author of the English chapters of ‘Bank Confidentiality’ (Bloomsbury Professional 2015) and of ‘International Acquisition Finance: Law and Practice’ (Oxford University Press 2010).
- Loans to SME’s to fund their activities in a variety of sectors including leisure and manufacturing
- Advice on lending to charities, colleges, housing associations and other non-standard borrowers
- Reviews of bank documentation and preparation of guideline notes
Gwen's memberships and associations
- On the editorial board for the IBA's Business Law International Journal.
- A member (and past co-chair) of the International Bar Association’s Banking Law Committee