What they say
"The level of service we receive from Gwen is first class. Her experience and wisdom in navigating through some challenging cases has been greatly appreciated."
Chambers and Partners UK 2020
Gwen heads up the banking and finance
group at DMH Stallard. She specialises in debt finance and refinance including acquisition finance, asset based lending, corporate and commercial banking, property finance, trade finance and syndications.
She is recognised as a leader in her field by both Chambers and Partners Guide to The Legal Profession and Legal 500 and advises on transactional matters and the updating of standard forms.
In Legal 500 UK 2021, clients have described the banking and finance group at DMH Stallard in the following terms: "The team are very knowledgeable and can be approached for quick advice or large reviewing tasks with no issue ... Very efficient and friendly service." "They take the time to get to know you rather than just follow process, build up a rapport and make the relationship easier and less formal."
Gwen is the general editor and author of the English chapters of ‘Bank Confidentiality’ (Bloomsbury Professional 2015) and of ‘International Acquisition Finance: Law and Practice’ (Oxford University Press 2010).
- Loans to SME’s to fund their activities in a variety of sectors including leisure and manufacturing
- Advice on lending to charities, colleges, housing associations and other non-standard borrowers
- Reviews of bank documentation and preparation of guideline notes
Gwen's memberships and associations
- On the editorial board for the IBA's Business Law International Journal.
- A member (and past co-chair) of the International Bar Association’s Banking Law Committee