What they say
"It has been a pleasure to work with Hattie for a number of years now. She is very bright, gets quickly to the key points and is highly meticulous in her approach. She has been an incredible support to us and is definitely the person you want on your side. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her."
Peter Crawshaw, Co-Founder and Director of Lovereading Ltd.
Hattie is a Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution TMT
team. She advises businesses and individuals in respect of a wide range of commercial, intellectual property and corporate disputes. In particular, Hattie is experienced at handling matters relating to breaches of contract, shareholders’ rights, including allegations of unfair prejudice and breaches of shareholders’ agreements, as well as disputes relating to trade mark infringement, design rights, copyright, database rights, passing off, misuse of confidential information and defamation. Hattie regularly acts on claims issued in the High Court, including the Queen’s Bench and Chancery Divisions, and as such is very familiar with the associated court procedures and rules. She is also experienced at forms of alternative dispute resolution, and has assisted with settling numerous disputes both through correspondence and at mediations, often at the pre-action stage and thus without the need to issue proceedings at all. Hattie understands the importance of adopting a commercial approach to dispute resolution and always has that in mind when advising her clients.
Recent work examples
- Acting for Alpargatas SA and Alpargatas Europe SLU, owners of the world-famous Havaianas flip-flops brand, in proceedings issued in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court against an English company to prevent the sale of Havaianas flip-flops imported from Brazil and sold in the UK via an online retailer, without our clients’ consent.
- Acting on behalf of Alpargatas SA and Alpargatas Europe SLU to successfully secure an urgent interim injunction without notice in the High Court to prevent the sale of unlicensed Havaianas flip-flops at Portobello Market.
- Acting for the Defendant in Alfrank Designs Limited and Exclusive (UK) Limited  EWHC 1372 (IPEC), an Inquiry as to Damages in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court in respect of alleged infringement of UK and Community design rights, in which the Claimant’s claim for lost sales was partially rejected.
- Acting for the Dutch Respondent and Counter-Claimant in a high value international arbitration under the London Court of International Arbitration Rules relating to the breach of a distribution agreement.
- Advising in respect of the dissolution of a partnership and the requisite division of its multi-million pound international and UK assets.
- Advising the majority shareholders and directors of an online business in respect of a number of allegations relating to their management of the company by a fellow director and shareholder, including allegations of unfair prejudice, breach of their shareholders’ agreement and defamation.
- Advising a large online designer fashion retailer in respect of alleged trade mark infringement and passing off by a luxury American designer brand.
- Securing court orders on a Norwich Pharmacal basis to compel Internet Service Providers to reveal the identity of the subscribers to IP addresses connected with cyber crime.
Hattie's memberships and associations