Helen is an Associate Solicitor and commercial litigator in the Dispute Resolution team in London. Her practice ranges from commercial fraud recovery to disputes arising from contractual claims as well as corporate, construction and insolvency related issues.
Helen works for businesses and high-net worth individuals both in the UK or abroad. She regularly acts on cases issued in the Chancery Division and the Commercial Court in the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court. She has also assisted with appeal proceedings in the Court of Appeal. Helen has particular expertise in taking cases to trial, having worked on a number of High Court trials during her training contract and since qualification. Her practice also includes alternative dispute resolution methods, with a particular focus on mediation.
Helen has undertaken a one week placement shadowing High Court Judges in the Technology and Construction Court as part of the TCC Marshalling scheme.
- Pursuing a claim for commercial fraud recovery for a worldwide logistics company culminating in a 7 day trial in the High Court.
- Acting for a high-net worth individual in a claim in nuisance, in a 6 day trial in the High Court.
- Settling a claim at mediation for unpaid invoices on behalf of a house-builder client.
- Assisting with the successful defence at trial of a claim for alleged breach of an oral contract.
- Obtaining a Charging Order over judgment debtor’s property and settling costs proceedings.