What they say
"Katie provides Sigma Homes with planning advice on a number of our projects. Her advice is always enthusiastic, professional and practical, providing us with valuable technical planning advice and strategy"
Geoff Potton, Sigma Homes Ltd
Katie is Director of Planning
at DMH Stallard, with nearly 15 years experience in the private sector. She has a particular interest and expertise in residential development projects.
She advises a number of local, regional and national housebuilders on a range of matters across the South East and has excellent geographical knowledge of the area. Katie takes project lead on a number of schemes and has been successful in achieving planning consents for a number of housing projects through planning applications and at appeal and is strong in project management and community consultation. Katie has worked in-house at a regional land consultancy, gaining a good understanding of land transactions, and also for a top architectural practice. In addition, Katie is experienced in the promotion of sites through the Local and Neighbourhood Plan process, working collaboratively with local communities and stakeholders to achieve site allocations.
She also advises on a range of other planning matters including commercial and leisure applications. She has been involved in the relocation of Horsham Football Club including the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment and obtained consent for a large extension to a Gatwick hotel. She also participated in the early stages of the Crawley Down Neighbourhood Plan as a local resident.
- Local plan promotion of a strategic mixed use urban extension of circa 550 dwellings.
- Neighbourhood Plan promotion of a large-scale village development of circa 200 dwellings.
- Lead consultant in the submission of a planning application for an urban extension (circa 300 units) in Kent on behalf of a national housebuilder.
- Obtained outline planning permission for a 49 unit scheme within a wider Masterplan area for a land promotion company.
Katie's memberships and associations
- Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Member and advisor to the Mid Sussex Developers Forum and Ashdown Forest Stakeholder Forum