What they say
"… excellent with clients and is approachable, a joy to work with and gives sensible and practical advice."
Legal 500 UK 2021
What they say
"I have found Kelly to be consistently professional, responsive and accessible. She is a great communicator and has provided us with sound tactical and legal advice, leading to a successful outcome on each occasion."
Mark Cooper, Chairman of Anabas (UK2)
Kelly heads up the Debt and Leasehold Recovery team. She is an experienced commercial litigator with a varied caseload.
Kelly provides advice on a wide range of commercial and contractual disputes, including sale of goods claims and procurement disputes, across both the private and public sectors. Clients include leading banks and finance providers, SME’s, professional service firms, education providers, local authorities and individuals.
Kelly places great emphasis on providing commercial and pragmatic solutions for her clients, and is experienced in resolving disputes through mediation and other forms of ADR, as well as through Court proceedings.
Kelly qualified as a solicitor in 2004.
Recent work examples
- Successfully defending a multi-faceted claim brought by a former pupil and his parent on behalf of a well known independent school. The claim involved several issues including breach of contract, negligence and disability discrimination and was concluded following a seven day trial
- Acting for one of three defendants to a High Court claim brought by an individual alleging defamation and malicious falsehood in the context of the termination of her employment
- Assisting an SME business to recover significant sums dishonestly appropriated by two former employees. The case was successfully resolved through mediation, with the SME business recovering substantial sums from the individuals
- Issuing a High Court challenge pursuant to the Public Contract Regulations on behalf of an unsuccessful tenderer against a local authority following the award of a contract. The matter was successfully resolved through mediation with the local authority electing to abandon the procurement process and not to award the contract.
Kelly's memberships and associations
- Law Society - Women Lawyer’s Division