What they say
"It has been our pleasure to work with Kelly on several occasions over the past 12 months. I have found Kelly to be consistently professional, responsive and accessible. She is a great communicator and has provided us with sound tactical and legal advice, leading to a successful outcome on each occasion."
Mark Cooper, Chairman of Anabas (UK2)
Kelly is a Partner in the Gatwick dispute resolution
group. She specialises in all aspects of commercial dispute resolution and insolvency, both personal and corporate.
Kelly provides advice on a wide range of commercial and contractual disputes, across both the private and public sector, including large corporate entities, leading banks and finance providers, SME’s, professional service firms, local authorities and individuals.
Kelly is regularly involved in corporate and commercial disputes, including banking disputes, enforcement of guarantees, contractual disputes, restrictive covenants, claims relating to the sale of goods including retention of title issues, partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, professional negligence and debt recovery. Her insolvency work includes bankruptcies, winding-up and the realisation of assets.
Kelly places great emphasis on providing commercial and pragmatic solutions for her clients, and is experienced in resolving disputes through mediation and other forms of ADR, as well as through Court proceedings.
Recent work examples
- Successfully negotiating a tri-party exit agreement initially on behalf of a local authority and latterly on behalf of the same local authority and a third party with aligned interests (who elected to instruct her in place of long-standing legal advisors) in the face of a threat of premature termination which would have given rise to a claim in excess of £1.75million. This was a multifaceted, fluid matter involving several disciplines.
- Acting for an insurance company in a complex breach of contract claim against one of its intermediaries. This multi-million pound claim was ultimately resolved pre-issue through mediation.
- Acting for two former directors of a company who were served with an interim application for Injunctive Relief in the Technology and Constructions Court amid allegations of breach of restrictive covenants, breach of fiduciary duties, passing off and trademark infringement.
- Defending a £1.8million indemnity claim brought in the High Court against a local authority following the alleged unlawful termination and re-procurement of a contract. The claimant company subsequently entered administration, which attracted press attention and impacted on the strategy adopted in this case.
- Advising and assisting a large local authority to resolve a £2.2million dispute with a Central Government Department and to secure arrangements for the future.
Kelly's memberships and associations
- Law Society - Women Lawyer’s Division