Lawrence has particular expertise in property matters including all aspects of the landlord and tenant relationship including; commercial lease termination and/or renewal; residential lease extensions and/or possession; boundary disputes; rights of way. He also has experience in dealing with contentious probate cases and other commercial dispute resolution matters, particularly those involving GDPR and breach of contract.
Lawrence started to gather experience in residential and commercial property transactions whilst training to become a solicitor in Kent. He joined DMH Stallard’s dispute resolution team on qualification in May 2017, and became an Associate in January 2019.
Recent work examples
- Acting for a limited company in a successful £100,000+ breach of contract claim against a distributor in respect of unpaid invoices
- Acting for a property management company against a fellow director and leaseholder successfully obtaining an injunction preventing the individual from running a trading business on the common area of the block
- Acting for a residential landlord in successfully obtaining a possession order against a tenant unlawfully occupying the property with a farmyard animal
- Acting for the executor of a complex estate in making successful application to court for directions under CPR 64 to gain control of a property, the main asset of the estate, to allow the executor to administer the estate
- Acting for a property owner in successfully opposing and agreeing amended regeneration works proposed by the Council that would have a negative impact on the business of the commercial tenant
Lawrence's memberships and associations
- Property Litigation Association