"Thank you for you're expertise and support and guidance, without which I don't think we would have got to a satisfactory solution"
"You are a star! ... Many thanks for your help and if we need any further assistance we will know exactly where to come!"
Lawrence has particular expertise in property matters including all aspects of the landlord and tenant relationship including: commercial lease termination and/or renewal; residential lease extensions and/or possession; boundary disputes; rights of way. Lawrence is a regular speaker at the firm’s quarterly property seminars, he is a committee member of the Junior Property Litigation Association as well as being heavily involved in the firm’s CSR efforts.
Lawrence started to gather experience in residential and commercial property transactions whilst training to become a solicitor in Kent. He joined DMH Stallard on qualification in May 2017, became an Associate in January 2019 and is part of the firm’s dedicated Real Estate Dispute Resolution team.
Recent work examples
- Acting for a property developer in defending an “intensification of user” argument in respect of a newly built housing estate.
- Acting for a property management company against a fellow director and leaseholder, successfully obtaining an injunction preventing the individual from running a trading business on the common area of the block
- Acting for a residential landlord in successfully obtaining a possession order against a tenant unlawfully occupying the property with a farmyard animal
- Advising a management company in a claim against the freehold land owner after the freeholder negotiated lease extensions with leasehold flat owners despite not being the competent landlord under the 1993 Act.
- Acting for a property owner in successfully opposing and agreeing amended regeneration works proposed by the Council that would have a negative impact on the business of the commercial tenant
- Acting for a limited company in a successful £100,000+ breach of contract claim against a distributor in respect of unpaid invoices
Lawrence's memberships and associations
- Property Litigation Association