What they say
"In addition to his exceptional legal skills, Magnus has a commercial acumen that makes him one of the best advisors in his field. Magnus advised us on a number of contractual issues which have required creativity and ingenuity. Excellent outcomes were delivered every time. I recommend Magnus wholeheartedly."
Isabelle Faulkner of EIFA
Magnus is a Partner and commercial litigator in the dispute resolution
group and is based in London. He has extensive experience in cases ranging from corporate shareholder and directorship disputes, franchise and trade disputes, commercial agency and consultancy disputes, professional liability actions, and general commercial and contractual cases contentious trusts and probate.
Magnus has also successfully represented clients in cases involving product liability, intellectual property enforcement, as well as civil fraud claims.
Magnus has a particular specialism and extensive experience in franchise and business licence matters. He regularly advises franchisors and franchisees on conflict resolution, enforcement of contract terms, trade mark infringement and termination of franchises. He has represented numerous franchisors and franchisees as well as group actions.
Magnus also has an interest in procurement disputes, competition law, and holocaust restitution.
Magnus works closely with clients to find creative strategies, including mediation or emergency injunctions as appropriate and necessary, in order to provide commercially favourable outcomes and minimise litigation risks.
Magnus is personally ranked in Chambers UK Legal Directory 2010, 2011 and 2012 for his franchise work.
- Dealing with a range of matters for various clients in the manufacturing industry including trade disputes, product liability claims, shareholder disputes as well as defamation and reputation management.
- Acting for shareholders and directors in relation to a variety of disputes and providing general advice.
- Acting for an established jewellery retailer to obtain an ex-parte world-wide freezing injunction in a high value civil fraud case.
- Acting for and against professionals in negligence proceedings involving accountants and lawyers.
- Advising on and securing a very successful result in a complex trust and inheritance dispute.
- Dealing successfully with various matters for educational and residential care institutions including debt recovery and advising on conflict avoidance and regulatory compliance issues.
- Acting for a client in complex Court of Appeal proceedings relating to issues of fraud and tracing.
Magnus' memberships and associations
- Law Society of England and Wales