What our real estate team do
Our team of partners and solicitors can offer a truly bespoke service to clients wishing to acquire or dispose of residential property. Technical excellence and ease of communication will be paramount, and we understand that you will want to have absolute confidence in our ability to deliver.
Our specialist residential conveyancing team can provide the following:
- Advice and support throughout the buying and selling process
- Liaison with your lender and other professional advisers
- Advice on any planning aspects including Listed Building consents
- Assistance with the sale or purchase of property at auction
- Advice regarding the grant or termination of any tenancy arrangements
- Lease extensions
- Guidance through the statutory requirements for disposal of multi-tenanted property
- Freeholder consent for alterations relevant to leasehold property
How our real estate lawyers do it
We have a specialist team of property partners and lawyers who work closely together, including our dedicated planning practice comprised of planning lawyers as well as chartered town planners. We also have a property disputes team who can be called upon to provide advice on difficult issues that might arise during the course of the transaction, enabling us to react quickly and ensure we keep your project on track.
There is a raft of legislation that governs the disposal and acquisition of certain types of residential property, and our team can guide you through these to ensure full compliance at all times, and to ensure risk is minimised.
If property is acquired with the benefit of residential leases or tenancies this too can pose particular issues and risks. Our team can provide comprehensive advice on all aspects associated with the grant of new tenancies, renewal and the obtaining of possession as appropriate.
How we've helped
- The residential acquisition team has acted for an investment landlord client acquiring a portfolio of several hundred units across two blocks. Issues included advice on the existing tenancy arrangements, access rights over adjoining property, tenancy deposit arrangements, planning consents, the terms of acquisition and close liaison with the client’s financial team.
- Our partners regular act for individuals in the acquisition and disposal of residential property assets, whether for personal use or as an investment opportunity. These can be multi-million pound prime central London properties, or lower value regional properties for first time buyers, or individual buy-to-let properties.