What our real estate lawyers do
We understand the challenges that arise from ownership of multiple properties, whether as investors or occupiers. Our property asset management team work with clients to ensure their property is fully optimised as an asset to their business, whether through increasing profit, unlocking capital or reducing exposure to risk.
Our team of specialist property asset management lawyers offer a complete range of services to support the full life cycle of property ownership, from acquisition, throughout long term investment and disposal. We work with both investment landlords as well as commercial tenants and understand that some assignments will be highly complex and need to be partner-led, involving business critical issues. Conversely, there will be many transactions of a more routine nature where speed, efficiency and cost certainly will be crucial to your business.
Our specialist team can deliver the following services:
Unit acquisition and disposal
What they say
"The team are highly organised and able to provide the full suite of property advice."
Chambers and Partners UK 2021
- Portfolio acquisition and disposal
- Lease renewals
- Termination issues
- Planning and environmental
- Property management
- Dispute resolution
- Risk management
How our real estate lawyers work
Our service model focuses above all on efficiency and delivery supported by use of our bespoke technology platform DMH Direct, which can be accessed by you and your authorised agents. The system allows:
- Instructions on-line
- 24/7 reporting
DMH Direct streamlines the instruction process and allows you to track the progress of matters by reference to agreed milestones. It provides a wealth of management information and enables you to download relevant data for your own internal use. The system also acts as an electronic archive for key documents and allows important dates to be stored such as those for rent reviews and termination. The system is available to our clients without charge.
Our Property Asset Management team is skilled at understanding the commercial drivers for clients with multiple property holdings, and appreciate that providing commercially sound advice on time and on budget is an absolute requirement for our valued clients.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes planners, both lawyers and chartered planners, together with property dispute specialists working alongside our transactional property team. We have an established track record of working in partnership with high profile clients with multiple property holdings such as Tesco, Liverpool Victoria and UK Power Networks.
Click here to read more about our other Real Estate services.
How we've helped
- The team has acted for many years for a major retailer in respect of leases of their stores throughout the UK. The work has included new lease acquisitions, lease renewals, complex rent reviews, consents for fit-out works, service of break notices and dilapidations.
- The property asset management team acted for the freeholder of 65 acre site developed as a business park with a mix of offices and retail including remediation of the site and infrastructure. The team advised on procurement for development of the site and leasehold disposals.
- The team acts for large institution in relation to their SIPP Investment property portfolio. They deal with all aspects of investment property from acquisition to disposal and including granting and surrendering lease and dealing with various lease management documentation.