What our banking and finance lawyers do
Our work includes:
- Acquisition finance: including senior and mezzanine finance for buy-outs, public to private transactions, and refinancings on bilateral, club and syndicated bases
- Asset based lending: including factoring, invoice discounting, receivables finance and supplier finance
- Corporate and commercial banking: borrowing and lending (secured and unsecured), growth finance, working capital facilities, related derivatives, secondary debt trading and advice on standard forms
- Property and real estate finance: commercial and residential development finance and investment finance
- Trade & export finance: bonds and guarantees, forfaiting, Letter of Credit (L/C) issuance, pre-export finance
How our banking and finance lawyers work
Our reputation is for personal, approachable and pragmatic service, with a concern throughout for protecting and enhancing our clients’ reputations and relationships.
When acting for banks and other lenders/financiers, we understand that our lawyers are dealing with their customers. Our expertise lies in managing the clients’ risk and expectations, while retaining throughout their customers’ goodwill.
Conversely, our lending experience enables us to provide borrowers with well-informed, practical advice.
As a result of acting for a broad range of clients we are able to deliver value for money whilst developing bankable and sustainable structures capable of meeting the commercial aspirations of all parties.
How we've helped
Lending to businesses to encourage growth is important to a number of our clients. A deal for an SME can be just as complex and time critical as a deal for a plc, and in some ways more personal and important to the business owners. We have a team who carry out this work on a consistent basis for regular clients. The result is a cost effective and efficient service.
Read more about our wider banking & finance services.