What our banking and finance lawyers do
We support our clients in the management and resolution of all types of disputes in the banking and finance field.
Our work includes:
- Validity & enforcement: Acting in claims involving the validity and enforcement of loans, guarantees, and security.
- Legal support: Acting in claims involving issues such as fraud, misrepresentation, negligence, breach of contract, undue influence, breach of mandate, mistaken payments, breach of fiduciary duty, conversion and bailment.
- Misappropriation and fraudulent presentation of cheques
- Regulatory investigations and proceedings
- Debt recovery and asset tracing
- Invoice discounting and factoring
What they say
"A major strength is the quality of their product and the efficiency of the whole firm."
Chambers and Partners
How our banking and finance lawyers work
Our banking and finance team comprises highly skilled and specialist dispute resolution lawyers with an established and impressive reputation in the banking and finance sector, giving them insight into the culture and needs of all parties.
Our style is strong but proportionate, borne of an understanding that avoiding, not encouraging legal conflict often creates better outcomes for our clients.
We always look to resolve a dispute in the most pragmatic and commercial manner, while paying particular attention to the client’s objectives and goals at all times. Of course, we will litigate where necessary but we always advise our clients on the most appropriate available forums for seeking to resolve their disputes to ensure delivery of the most practical and commercial outcome.
Read more about our wider banking & finance services.
Read more about our approach to dispute resolution & litigation.