What our planning team does
DMH Stallard is a leading specialist in matters concerning highways, rights of way and the provision of infrastructure in connection with development.
We acts for a broad range of private and public sector clients in these matters.
Our specialist expertise includes the following:
What they say
"I found the firm to be a polished and professional outfit."
Chambers and Partners UK 2021
- Section 278 Highways Act agreements
- Section 177 Highways Act licences
- Section 50 New Roads and Street Works Act licences
- Dedication and adoption of highways (Section 38 and 228 Highways Act agreements and Section 37 applications)
- Creation, diversion and extinguishment of public rights of way, including advocacy at Inquiries
- Applications for stopping up or diversion of highways and footpaths
- Traffic Regulation Orders
- Obstructions of the highway
How our planning team works
We advise on the whole range of highways issues arising thoughout the development process and beyond. We also have experience in advising on rights of way issues and their impact on development schemes, the rights and liabilities of landowners and users of rights of way, and how to protect sites from creation of rights of way. We have the specialist legal knowledge necessary to help clients find solutions to the complex problems caused by rights of way. In addition we have a specialist infrastructure team who can produce the necessary agreements to ensure that infrastructure is delivered, adopted and maintained (i.e. s104 Water Industry Act agreements).
Click to read more about our full range of planning and environmental services.
How we've helped
We successfully represented Newhaven Port and Properties Limited (NPP) in a public inquiry into an application by the local Town Council to modify the Definitive Map of rights of way to include some of NPP’s land to provide access to the beach which was the subject of the village green claim. We have lodged an application for a diversion of a public footpath in association with a planning application for a new Port operations and maintenance base and are currently dealing with the s106 agreement in relation to that application.