DMH Stallard is one of the leading providers of legal services to the public sector in the UK. We work in partnership with local authorities, central government departments, registered providers of social housing, charities, NHS trusts, education establishments and other public sector bodies. Our sector expertise means we fully understand the challenges our clients face, their statutory limitations, powers and duties.
"Croydon Council's Legal Division has enjoyed a close working relationship with the firm for more than 10 years. We have built up methods of working together, and a considerable knowledge of each other's systems, through partnership working. Above all, we have always found them to be particularly responsive to our needs, and a welcoming and friendly firm to work with."
We are acutely aware of the key issues surrounding the drive to reduce expenditure and are considered thought-leaders in this subject. We are leading the debate on key issues such as Shared Services, Total Place and Step-Change Management.
DMH Stallard in Industry Survey
Local Government Lawyer and DMH Stallard are pleased to reveal the results of their in-depth survey that examines the financial implications for legal departments of the Comprehensive Spending Review. Click here for the results.
About Our Team
Our multi-disciplinary team of experts have been working with the public sector for over ten years and advise on administrational and local government law and on strategic and operational issues. Our expertise includes:
- Commercial, Contracts, IP & IT, FOIA
- Dispute Resolution including Judicial Review
- Debt Recovery
- Planning and Highways
- Property, Regeneration & Development
DMH Stallard understands that our public sector clients are under increasing pressure to deliver more for less. We work with our clients to help them identify and implement efficient strategies to reduce expenditure and maximise returns from their assets and commercial operations. Some examples of our work include:
- Shared Services across front and back office functions
- Scrutiny and monitoring of contracts to ensure best value
- Funding of capital projects and alternatives to PFI
- Fraud and investigation solutions such as tackling housing tenancy fraud and misuse of public assets
- Innovative ways to maximise revenue from property assets
- Revenue generation through the effective recovery of income and debt from numerous sources