Our focus is you

Our Corporate team advise on a range of matters, including:

  • Mergers and acquisitions / buying and selling a business
  • Corporate governance, reorganisation, and shareholders agreements
  • Corporate structuring and constitutions
  • Financial services regulation
  • Growth and exit strategies
  • Joint ventures, strategic alliances and trading arrangements
  • Not for profit organisations and charities
  • Partnerships and LLPs

Stay connected, sign up for updates

Stay connected
Chambers & Partners UK 2024 Helen Mead
Helen Mead

Recent work


Complex sale of part of share capital to foreign company

We successfully engineered the sale of an 80% shareholding in our client company (a leading manufacturer) and the placing of put and call options for the remaining 20% share in the company. The complex deal included the incorporation of a new corporate vehicle to facilitate the sale as well as a post-completion adjustment to the purchase price and production of a bespoke shareholder agreement.


Sale of family-owned UK company to international buyer

We dealt with all aspects of the transfer of a successful, 50-year-old family business to an international company. The transaction raised several sensitive and complex issues, including a dispute over the valuation of the business, questions over how to dispose of complex land and property portfolios and the death of the founder of the business. Disagreements between shareholders added to the delicate nature of the deal. We used our resources and experts to manage the various competing interests and support the clients as they navigated the complicated issues at play. Despite several obstacles, we successfully completed the deal within the anticipated timescale.


Fast-track sale of AI based marketing company

We arranged the sale of the entire share capital of an AI business we had formed for clients in 2018. The deal was complicated by the imposition of a condition by the buyer that the transaction be completed within two weeks of instruction. Within this tight timescale we successfully negotiated for the sellers and drafted a range of complex, detailed disclosure documents and related material. We were also required to obtain at short notice crucial warranty and indemnity insurance.


Lead advisors in listing of renewal energy company

We recently acted for a company engaged in global renewable energy sector acquisitions. The team ensured successful admission to the Standard Segment of the Financial Conduct Authority’s Official List and listing on the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market.

Sale of large-scale commercial cleaning group

We acted for two shareholders of a company they had founded and grown into a multi-million business over three decades. Having built the enterprise from scratch, our client wished to ensure as far as possible that the business would continue to flourish post sale. We were therefore required to display particular sensitivity and care in drafting documentation and advising the clients.


Acquisition of international insurance brokerage

We acted for a large insurance intermediary in its acquisition of a European-based marine, property, and corporate brokerage. The transaction was a complex one, involving the sale of the brokerage business itself as well as ancillary insurance services. In addition, we were required to deal with a post-completion adjustment to the purchase price, anticipate potential earn-out payments and facilitate repayment of shareholder loans prior to completion. The team successfully managed the entire transaction, meeting ambitious timescales and liaising with other advisors (internally and externally) both here in the UK and in several European jurisdictions.

Merger agreement

Advising a top UK Accountancy firm on its LLP Agreement following a merger, focusing on striking the correct balance between the interests of the established and incoming partners.

Dispute with former Partner

Acting for a leading accountancy firm in relation to a dispute with a former partner following a successful merger of two practices and a demerger of part of the practice, and the deferred consideration payable.

News and insights

Penalties for breaching environmental legislation


An overview of the environmental regulator’s approach to the enforcement and prosecution of environmental offences which outlines the potential penalties and other implications for a businesses who breaches environmental legislation


Enforcing possession orders – how not to do it


We explain how not to enforce possession orders, as shown in London Borough of Southwark -v- AA [2014] EWHC 500 (QB)