Amelia has broad experience across a full range of family matters, including divorce, complex financial remedy proceedings and arrangements for children.
She completed her training contract at a private client firm in the City and qualified in February 2020. Amelia initially practised as a private client solicitor, which gave her experience in handling the financial affairs of high-net-worth individuals with discretion and care.
Since transitioning to family law in November 2020, Amelia has advised a wide range of clients, from victims of domestic abuse to wealthy businesspeople. Her experience in financial matters has included advising on family trusts and cryptocurrencies, as well as nuptial agreements. Amelia also has a particular interest in children matters and has acted in several cases involving parents with serious mental health conditions.
Amelia aims to provide straight-forward, accessible advice in a sensitive manner. She encourages her clients to explore options for dispute resolution outside of court wherever possible.
- Advising the respondent husband in an application for enforcement of a consent order, resulting in a settlement outside of court proceedings.
- Securing generous capitalised maintenance for the wife of a high-earning husband in financial remedy proceedings.
- Advising the wife in relation to the non-disclosure of her husband’s substantial cryptocurrencies in financial remedy proceedings.
- Acting for the mother in a case with significant domestic abuse and obtaining a non-molestation order to protect her and her young child. The father’s contact with the child was successfully limited to indirect contact only.
- Representing the father in a child arrangements case where the mother was suffering with psychosis.