What they say
"… an exceptional junior talent - a really good legal brain."
Legal 500 UK 2020
Chloe is a Partner in the Planning & Environment
Group based in Gatwick. She enjoys Planning as it is at the centre of development and a vehicle for change to the social, economic and physical features of the country.
Chloe completed her training contract with Slough Borough Council before joining the firm in 2015, her local government experience providing her with an excellent understanding of planning and environmental procedures.
A highly competent planning and environmental lawyer, Chloe was named Junior Lawyer of the Year 2014 in the inaugural Lawyers in Local Government Awards.
During the last year Chloe has acted on a number of complicated s106 agreements in both London and Sussex, including for a large residential development for an affordable housing provider and a mixed use regeneration scheme in London.
She has also had conduct of a number of litigation matters, including appeals to the Planning Inspectorate and Senior Courts.
Chloe has provided planning support to the Real Estate and Banking teams on a number of significant, complex developments and has recently provided advice on a purchase of a portfolio of supported living properties. She has also provided CIL advice to new clients and colleagues on existing matters.
Having trained in a local authority, Chloe has a good understanding of local government powers and procedures. She also acts for a number of developers, house builders and private individuals.
Chloe has a particular interest in highways law and has assisted in a number of footpath matters.
- Advising on a section 106 agreements, including acting for local planning authorities on a 1,000 unit urban extension and a supermarket development.
- Advising appellants on various appeals to the Planning Inspectorate, including section 78 appeals and an appeal of a Hedgerow Replacement Notice.
- Acting for claimants in applications to the High Court and Court of Appeal under sections 288 and 289 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- Advising on agreements under sections 38 and 278 of the Highways Act 1980, including associated section 104 water agreements.
- Advising on certificates of lawful use applications.
The Chambers and Partners directory describes Chloe as 'a "rising star" who is "extremely good". The Legal 500 directory recognises her as a 'Next Generation Partner'.