What they say
"Joanna understands how our business works, and therefore aligns her legal advice accordingly. She is a fast thinking and commercially minded lawyer who can think outside the box and offer alternative solutions which will suit the business. She is approachable, professional and very easy to work with"
Jolyon Bennett, MD of Gusto Telecom Solutions
As an Associate in our Brighton-based dispute resolution TMT department, Joanna has extensive experience in intellectual property claims
, trade marks
, copyright and databases
, passing off, confidential information
, and domain name disputes.
Joanna advises corporates and individuals across a variety of sectors, including fashion and luxury goods, retail, media, technology, manufacturing, and leisure (amongst others). She has particular expertise in the technology and fashion sectors.
Joanna has experience in both resolving disputes using the court process and also through strategic negotiation. Joanna aims to give her clients practical solutions which suit their business needs.
- Alfrank Designs Ltd v. Exclusive UK Ltd and Homestyle Operations Ltd (trading as Harveys)  Design right infringement in relation to furniture.
- British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and others v Sky Home Services Ltd and others - Acting for British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC in proceedings against TVCatchUp Limited for copyright and trade mark infringement arising out of the retransmission of Sky’s free-to-air broadcasts
- Paul Gregory Allen (acting as trustee of Adrian Jacobs (deceased)) v (1) Bloomsbury Publishing plc (2) Joanne Kathleen Murray (professionally known as JK Rowling  Copyright relating to the Harry Potter books.
- Advising Gusto Telecom Solutions regarding various commercial and branding issues.
- Representing Office Holdings Limited regarding numerous design rights claims against companies who have infringed various shoe designs.
Joanna's memberships and associations
- Intellectual Property Lawyer’s Association
- Federation Against Software Theft