What they say
"Kerry Beattie is a highly professional and knowledgeable lawyer who is quick to understand and respond to your issue whilst constantly maintaining a clear view on the wider strategic picture. She is a credit to any company and someone you always want on your team."
Schofield Lothian Limited
Kerry is a Partner in DMH Stallard’s London real estate and construction
group. She has significant experience in both non-contentious and contentious construction and engineering, energy and utilities matters, as well as advising on property related transactions and commercial agreements.
Kerry has over 20 years of experience advising clients who are developing or funding commercial projects either for their own use or for sale/letting, including negotiations with funders, contractors, professionals and end users.
Her specialisms include the negotiation and drafting of bespoke contracts and professional appointments, drafting project specific amendments to industry standard forms of contract and professional appointments. Kerry also advises on construction related documents such as warranties, bonds, and crane oversail licences. Kerry undertakes project audits, advises on contract interpretation and trains clients on the practical implementation of contracts they have entered into. Kerry is also experienced in all aspects of dispute resolution and in particular disputes relating to construction and engineering related matters.
Kerry’s clients include leaders in the construction and engineering, energy and utilities sectors such as major UK developers, owner /occupiers, funders and UK based construction professionals and contractors.
- Due diligence, risk evaluation and negotiation of construction documentation for client forward funding developments ranging from £10m to £25m
- Due diligence and negotiation of warranties for various lenders in the care home sector for funders
- Preparation and negotiation of suite of construction documents for numerous commercial developments in London and the South East with values up to £60m
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for new laboratory and production facilities for clients in the technology sector
- Risk profiling on £19m trade contract
- Adjudication to determine extension of time entitlement
- Mediation in connection with risk fee
- Appeal relating to construction of a ship
Kerry's memberships and associations
- Society of Construction Law