Oliver is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution team, based in our Gatwick office. He is a specialist in insolvency and business recovery and advises directors, individuals, security holders and investors on all aspects of insolvency, corporate recovery and reconstruction.
Oliver has acted for insolvency practitioners throughout the South East, instigating formal insolvency processes and in the protection and realisation of assets for creditors.
An expert in contentious insolvency, specialising in corporate fraud, claims against directors and directors’ disqualification, he advises clients in relation to director misfeasance, antecedent transactions, claims for the recovery of dividends and directors’ loans, and wrongful trading.
Oliver also advises on personal insolvency, assisting individuals and trustees in bankruptcy in relation to all aspects of bankruptcy. His work includes investigations, interviewing bankrupts, the protection or realisation of assets, and bankruptcy annulment.
More broadly, Oliver has experience of advising on commercial contract disputes, shareholder disputes, partnership disputes and professional negligence, and also advises on disputes involving the joint ownership of land and the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
He also has expertise in contentious trusts and probate and advises on disputes arising in respect of the validity of wills, the administration of estates, and claims by disappointed beneficiaries under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. Many of his cases have a cross-border element raising questions over the enforceability of Wills in respect of assets in different jurisdictions.
Clients appreciate his practical approach to problems. He provides clear and pragmatic advice which combines depth of legal knowledge with an awareness of the client’s objectives, commercial needs and their desire for a cost-effective solution.
Oliver is calm, practical and decisive and this approach is greatly appreciated by his clients. He has been acknowledged by both leading legal directories. Legal 500 2021 notes: “Oliver Jackson stands out as being highly knowledgeable and well respected; he takes a commercially pragmatic approach to all of his cases, and is confident in dealing with private client matters”.
- Acting for a group of company directors in a substantial claim brought by a liquidator involving allegations of misfeasance, wrongful trading, transactions at an undervalue, illegal dividends and claims for the repayment of alleged loans.
- Acting for a law firm facing a winding up petition. Assisted the firm in in obtaining a validation order to unfreeze its bank account and in subsequently entering into a CVA.
- Acting for a large private company in relation to an application for an administration order and the dismissal of a winding up petition. Subsequently acted for the administrator in relation to the sale of the business.
- Acting for a trustee in bankruptcy in a substantial claim against a bankrupt and connected persons after the dissipation of property, funds and other assets prior to bankruptcy, involving applications for the examination of the bankrupt, the setting aside of transactions at an undervalue, a declaration as to title of property and an income payments order.
- Acting for trustees in bankruptcy in relation to numerous applications under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 for orders for possession and sale of matrimonial homes. Also acting for non-bankrupt spouses responding to such claims.
- Acting for a number of individuals in connection with obtaining the annulment of their bankruptcies.
- Acting for a group of litigants in relation to a high profile reported case brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. The case went to appeal in the High Court and was widely report in the media.
Oliver Jackson is friendly, bright and experienced and provides innovative solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems. his calm manner makes him ideal for dealing with clients facing a crisis.
Legal 500 UK 2022