What they say
"The marvellously knowledgeable Tim Ashdown tops the bill in DMH Stallard's technology and IP department. His clients keep returning for his commercial and concise advice and unerring accuracy when it comes to predicting likely outcomes."
Client quote, Chambers & Partners
Tim is the firm’s Senior Litigation Partner. He advises on all aspects of intellectual property
including trade marks, patents, designs, misuse of confidential information (by employees and/or competitors), copyright and databases. He also advises on technology-related disputes
and on the related aspects of competition law. He also leads on many of our largest commercial and corporate disputes, with extensive experience in the High Court and Court of Appeal. Tim is also experienced in resolving disputes by way of arbitration and mediation. Many of his clients and matters are international and Tim is a Manager of our global network of law firms, Law Europe International
Tim is a Trustee of the award-winning Towner Art Gallery in Eastbourne and a non-executive director of a London-based technology company.
- British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and others v Sky Home Services Ltd and others. Acting for British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC in proceedings against TVCatchUp Limited for copyright and trade mark infringement arising out of the retransmission of Sky’s free-to-air broadcasts
- Xena Systems Limited v. (1) Cantideck (2) Conquip Industrial, Patents County Court, . Acting for Xena Systems Limited against Cantideck and Conquip Industrial in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court for infringement of a patent relating to rolling platforms and the subsequent damages inquiry
- Evegate Publishing Limited v. Newsquest Media (Southern) Limited . Acting for Evegate Publishing Limited in a claim for trade mark infringement and passing off, successfully defending a claim for invalidity
- Representing Alpargatas S.A (owners of the famous HAVAIANAS flip-flop brand) in trade mark enforcement actions in the UK.
- Paul Gregory Allen (acting as trustee of Adrian Jacobs (deceased)) v (1) Bloomsbury Publishing plc (2) Joanne Kathleen Murray (professionally known as JK Rowling  Copyright relating to the Harry Potter books.
- Representing the successful parties in the partnership dispute T v. B and L 
- Acting for successful parties in numerous confidential commercial arbitrations under both ad hoc and institutional frameworks.
Tim's memberships and associations
- Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
- International Trade Mark Association
- Federation Against Software Theft
- Law Europe International (Manager)