What they say
"...an esteemed IP practitioner and is frequently instructed by world-famous brands in trade mark infringement and passing off proceedings and licensing arrangements."
Chambers & Partners UK 2021
What they say
"… very knowledgeable and a good communicator"
Legal 500 UK 2021
Tim is the firm’s Senior Litigation Partner. He is a commercial litigator with over 30-years experience in handling corporate and commercial disputes. He is an expert in all aspects of intellectual property
including trade marks, patents, designs, misuse of confidential information (by employees and/or competitors), copyright and database rights. Tim also advises on technology-related disputes
and leads on many of our largest commercial and corporate disputes, with extensive experience in the High Court and Court of Appeal. He is also adept at resolving disputes by way of arbitration and adjudication. Many of his matters and clients are international and Tim is the Chairman of our global network of law firms, LEInternational
, which covers 27 different jurisdictions.
Tim is a Trustee of three charities, including the award-winning Towner Art Gallery, and a non-executive director of a large London-based technology company.
- European Real Estate Debt Fund (Cayman) Ltd v. Treon, Arundel Group Ltd and Srinivas (2021). Tim represents the First Defendant against whom the Claimant seeks circa. £15m for alleged fraudulent misrepresentation in relation to the issue of loan notes.
- Cavadore Ltd and Magenta Black Trading Ltd v. Jawa and Modern Food Company Ltd (2021). Acting for the Claimants in a multi-million pound claim against Saudi Defendants for breach of a franchise agreement and trade mark infringement in relation to a well-known Japanese restaurant brand.
- Representing Alpargatas S.A (owners of the famous HAVAIANAS flip-flop brand) in trade mark enforcement actions in the UK.
- EOS Training Limited v. NTP Services Limited & Ors (2020). Representing the successful Claimant in obtaining an injunction and damages for copyright infringement.
- World of Select Ltd (and Ors) v. Bowman, Taylor and Clarke (2019). Acting for the Claimant technology company in relation to claims against the Defendants for database right infringement, breach of confidentiality and conspiracy.
- British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and others v Sky Home Services Ltd and others. Acting for British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC in proceedings against TVCatchUp Limited for copyright and trade mark infringement arising out of the retransmission of Sky’s free-to-air broadcasts.
- Copyright relating to the Harry Potter books. Paul Gregory Allen (acting as trustee of Adrian Jacobs (deceased)) v. (1) Bloomsbury Publishing plc (2) Joanne Kathleen Murray (professionally known as JK Rowling) .
Tim's memberships and associations
- Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
- International Trade Mark Association
- Federation Against Software Theft