What they say
"… frequently instructed by world-famous and emerging brands to enforce their rights, and also advises on the commercialisation of their IP. Clients say he is 'excellent' and especially appreciate his 'wide knowledge of the law and fast response times.'"
Chambers & Partners UK 2020
Tim is the firm’s Senior Litigation Partner. He advises on all aspects of intellectual property
including trade marks, patents, designs, misuse of confidential information (by employees and/or competitors), copyright and databases. He also advises on technology-related disputes
and on the related aspects of competition law. He also leads on many of our largest commercial and corporate disputes, with extensive experience in the High Court and Court of Appeal. Tim is also experienced in resolving disputes by way of arbitration and adjudication. Many of his clients and matters are international and Tim is the Chairman of our global network of law firms, LE International
, which covers 27 legal territories.
Tim is a Trustee of the award-winning charity, the Towner Art Gallery, and a non-executive director of a large London-based technology company.
- World of Select Ltd (and Ors) v. Bowman, Taylor and Clarke (2019). Acting for the Claimant technology company in relation to claims against the Defendants for database right infringement, breach of confidentiality and conspiracy.
- Cavadore Ltd and Magenta Black Trading Ltd v. Jawa and Modern Food Company Ltd (2018). Acting for the Claimants in a multi-million pound claim against Saudi Defendants for breach of a franchise agreement and trade mark infringement in relation to a well-known Japanese restaurant brand.
- European Real Estate Debt Fund (Cayman) Ltd v. Treon, Arundel Group Ltd and Srinivas. Tim represents the First Defendant against whom the Claimant seeks circa. £15m for alleged fraudulent misrepresentation in relation to the issue of loan notes.
- British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and others v Sky Home Services Ltd and others. Acting for British Sky Broadcasting Group PLC in proceedings against TVCatchUp Limited for copyright and trade mark infringement arising out of the retransmission of Sky’s free-to-air broadcasts.
- Representing Alpargatas S.A (owners of the famous HAVAIANAS flip-flop brand) in trade mark enforcement actions in the UK.
- Paul Gregory Allen (acting as trustee of Adrian Jacobs (deceased)) v (1) Bloomsbury Publishing plc (2) Joanne Kathleen Murray (professionally known as JK Rowling  Copyright relating to the Harry Potter books.
- Xena Systems Limited v. (1) Cantideck (2) Conquip Industrial, Patents County Court, . Acting for Xena Systems Limited against Cantideck and Conquip Industrial in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court for infringement of a patent relating to rolling platforms and the subsequent damages inquiry.
- Evegate Publishing Limited v. Newsquest Media (Southern) Limited . Acting for Evegate Publishing Limited in a claim for trade mark infringement and passing off, successfully defending a claim for invalidity.
Tim's memberships and associations
- Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys
- International Trade Mark Association
- Federation Against Software Theft