What they say
"Knowledgeable and professional and has an ability to put a client at ease."
Legal 500 UK 2020
Abigail works across London and the South East but primarily in the Gatwick and Brighton areas and has been a leading corporate
lawyer in the region for more than 20 years.
Her reputation is that of a dealmaker forging strong commercial alliances to drive deals that add value to clients. As one of the ‘go to’ lawyers in the south east, she advises on complex regional, national and international M&A transactions involving a range of business types and industries.
Her experience extends to advising on mergers, investment, shareholder and JV arrangements, restructuring, banking and re-financing, non-contentious insolvency and corporate governance work; her key speciality is corporate sales and acquisitions.
Clients include entrepreneurs, owner-managers, mid-market companies, SMEs, PLCs, international corporates, private equity, banks and financial institutions, joint venture parties, LLPs, partnerships and individuals.
Her broad sector experience covers services such as insurance and recruitment through to manufacturing, retail and distribution, and service industries.
- Advising on the sale of specialist, family owned insurer, Highworth Insurance Limited to the Aston Lark Group, one of the top five chartered insurance brokers in the country
- Advising on the formation and structure of the Cow Corner Group, a private investment business based in Sussex and on their first investment/acquisition
- Advising on the sale of British Converting Solutions, the UK’s leading manufacturer of box making machinery, to German buyer, Kolbus, part of an international group
- Acting for Get-a-bed on its international merger with Indian group rooms.xml Solutions Limited
- Acting for Ridgeview Winery Limited on its group general company matters and shareholding arrangements
- Acting for Hunt and Palmer PLC on its share acquisition of Aircraft Chartering Services Limited
- Acting for Leumi ABL Limited on numerous acquisition and management buy-out funding arrangements
- Acting for global recruitment business, Miramar Global Holdings Ltd on the partial share sale and re-organisation
Abigail was named South East Corporate Lawyer of the Year in two consecutive years at the Insider Dealmakers Awards; she also won Corporate Deal of the Year in 2018 acting on the sale of a minority stake in Posturite Limited to US international group Fellowes. Abigail was once again shortlisted for Corporate Lawyer of the Year in 2020.
She is consistently recommended as a leader in the field in the leading legal directories, Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. The 2020 edition of Legal 500 recognises her as an elite 'Leading Lawyer'. In the 2020 edition of Chambers and Partners, clients describe her as "highly skilled in M&A transactions
" in addition to highlighting her for her "acute attention to detail