What they say
"During the process of readmission, Plutus PowerGen found the DMH Stallard team to be highly commercial in their outlook while actively navigating us around and through the various legal processes. This, when combined with their responsiveness to our specific needs, allowed us to build a highly effective team meaning we met a challenging timeframe"
Phil Stephens, director of Plutus PowerGen Plc
Chris is a Partner and Group Head of the Corporate London team. He has a broad corporate practice, which covers debt and equity capital markets, public and private M&A, private equity and infrastructure, and he has developed industry know-how in the oil and natural resources, renewable energy, TMT and hotel sectors.
- Advising Global Resources Investment Trust Plc (GRIT) on its admission to the London Stock Exchange’s main market for listed securities, and the simultaneous issues of (a) approximately 39.5 million ordinary shares at £1.00 per share in exchange for shares or other securities in 41 natural resources companies with an aggregate value of approximately £39.5 million and (b) £5 million of convertible loan notes (with warrants)
- Acting on multiple large M&A transactions within the solar PV sector
- Advising AIM listed Plutus PowerGen Plc (formerly IPSO Ventures Plc) on the January 2013 demerger of its investment portfolio and reduction of capital, and the subsequent 2014 reverse take over of Attune Energy Ltd
- Advising Secret Sales Limited in January 2012 on its £6.3 million investment from a syndicate of institutional investors, which included Doughty Hanson Technology Ventures, Pentech Ventures and OCP Innovation (a fund managed by Partech) and subsequent fundraisings
- Advising Shore Capital on Inspired Energy plc’s November 2011 fundraising of approximately £3.4 million and concurrent AIM listing
- Advising Cape Sierra Hotel Company Limited on the US$41 million financing project for the new development of Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra Hotel in Sierra Leone. This high profile deal was shortlisted for the ‘African Deal of the Year’ in the African Banker Awards 2011
- Acting for SpaceandPeople Plc in May 2010 on its £6.3 million acquisition of Retail Profile Holdings Limited, and the associated fundraising on AIM to finance the acquisition
- Advising Hallin Marine Subsea International Plc, an AIM listed company incorporated in the Isle of Man, in January 2011 on its £103.5 million acquisition by scheme of arrangement by Superior Energy Services (UK) Limited
- Acting for Grafton Resource Investments Ltd, a limited liability closed-ended investment company incorporated in the Cayman Islands, in respect of its launch, c.50 shares swaps to create an investment portfolio in the mineral and natural resources sector (valued at €82.73 million at 31 July 2009 NAV), and its listing on the on the Irish Stock Exchange
- Acting for companies and administrators on corporate rescues (including pre-packs) and distressed transactions