Helen is a partner in our Guildford office and has more than 20 years' experience as a corporate and M&A lawyer. She specialises in share and asset acquisitions and disposals, mergers, corporate structures / restructuring, joint ventures, investments, private equity and management buy-ins and buy-outs and is a highly skilled adviser in respect of corporate structures and transactions.
Helen has been involved in transactions in a variety of industry sectors including travel, aviation, retail, insurance and IT / technology; her expertise supports entrepreneurs and owner managers, corporate businesses and those looking to invest in or start a new business. She is very well known and highly regarded within the corporate finance community in the south east in particular. Her interest and experience in the travel sector has resulted in a number of presentations at ABTA training events.
Helen joined DMH Stallard in April 2019 after a 20-year career with another regional firm where she headed up the corporate team.
What they say
"She is an extremely good lawyer. … She is calm, collected, personable, polished and unflappable."
Chambers and Partners UK 2021
"Helen’s overall direction on the transaction was absolutely fantastic"
A.C - In relation to the Chandlers Building Supplies transaction
Recent work examples
- Acting on the merger of two vineyards and winery businesses
- Acting on the sale of a business performance improvement (via cognitive and emotional activities) company
- Acting for the management team on a partial MBO of a design, graphics and 3D production business
- Acting on the sale of a cyber security, testing, consultancy and training business
- Advising the shareholders of Chandlers Building Supplies on their merger with Parkers creating a builders merchant with combined revenues of £180 million and over 750 employees
- Acting for Global Risk Partners on their acquisition of the Birrell Group (the group comprises Kingsway Insurance Services and Bausor Hall Associates)
- Acting for the buyer on the purchase of AFTA Tours Limited
Helen is consistently ranked as a leader in her field in Chambers and Partners UK, and also recommended by Legal 500. She has received several award nominations throughout her career; she won Corporate Lawyer of the Year at the 2010 Insider Dealmakers Awards and was recognised with a special commendation at the Women of the Future Awards 2007. Helen led the team working on the transaction that won the Insider Dealmakers Deal of the Year (£10m+) 2020 (Chandlers Building Supplies).