Helen is a partner in our Guildford office and has more than 20 years' experience as a corporate and M&A lawyer. She specialises in share and asset acquisitions and disposals, mergers, corporate structures / restructuring, joint ventures, investments, private equity and management buy-ins and buy-outs and is a highly skilled adviser in respect of corporate structures and transactions.
Helen has been involved in transactions in a variety of industry sectors including travel, aviation, retail, insurance and IT / technology; her expertise supports entrepreneurs and owner managers, corporate businesses and those looking to invest in or start a new business. She is very well known and highly regarded within the corporate finance community in the south east in particular. Her interest and experience in the travel sector has resulted in a number of presentations at ABTA training events.
Helen joined DMH Stallard in April 2019 after a 20-year career with another regional firm where she headed up the corporate team.
What they say
"Exceptional … a commercial and pragmatic lawyer who is very good at commanding a team and running a transaction collaboratively."
Chambers and Partners UK 2020
Recent work examples
- Acting on the merger of two vineyards and winery businesses
- Acting on the sale of a business performance improvement (via cognitive and emotional activities) company
- Acting for the management team on a partial MBO of a design, graphics and 3D production business
- Acting on the sale of a cyber security, testing, consultancy and training business
- Acting on the JV between a law firm and an IFA business
Helen is consistently ranked as a leader in her field in Chambers and Partners UK, and also recommended by Legal 500. She has received several award nominations throughout her career; she won Corporate Lawyer of the Year at the 2010 Insider Dealmakers Awards and was recognised with a special commendation at the Women of the Future Awards 2007.