What they say
"Jonathan and his team steered us through a complex legal process with skill and determination. We didn’t anticipate some of the issues that arose but were glad of DMH Stallard’s energy and expertise to see us through to completion"
Darren Allery, Marlborough Communications
Jonathan is Head of the firm’s corporate
department. He is experienced in running M&A transactions including management buyouts, management buy-ins and sales. Jonathan advises ambitious entrepreneurial businesses in the South East and has acted on some of the biggest sale transactions in the region over recent years.
In 2015, Jonathan was named Corporate Lawyer of the Year at the Insider South East Deal Maker Awards. Under his leadership, DMH Stallard has been named Corporate Law Firm of the Year
in 2016, 2014 and 2012, and won Deal of the Year (transactions under £10m) in 2016 at the same awards.
The latest list of corporate deals that the team has closed can be accessed here.
- Sale of energy company Firefly’s event rental business, to specialist equipment and crane hire firm Hewden Stuart Limited
- Acting for the owners of Cophall Parking Gatwick Ltd on the sale of the business and site to Group First, the investment arm of Park First
- Acting for the owners and management team of Brighton based E-learning business, Brightwave Group in its sale to Capita PLC.
- Sale of shares in Marlborough Communications to Cohort plc. This was a complex two stage deal with 51% sold on completion and an option for 49%, combined with joint venture and earn out protections
- Sale of East Sussex based illustrated publisher Ilex Press on its business and asset sale to Octopus Publishing, part of the Hatchette Group
- Sale of shares in Lewes Holdings Group/Ivy Press to Quarto Publishing Limited
- Restructure and sale of The Roundstone Nursery Group (a plant nursery business) and merger with Newey Group. The transaction moved property into a family holding company, and then sold 50% of the equity in the trading company to Newey with options over the balance, a lease of over the property and a joint venture agreement
- Advised on the acquisition of Pyroban by US construction giants, Caterpillar. The deal was at the heart of DMH Stallard winning the Corporate Law Firm of the Year 2012 at the prestigious Insider South East Dealmaker Awards
- Advised on the sale/MBO of a specialist care group to a Private Equity investor for £85 million