Kay is a corporate and commercial lawyer based in Gatwick with more than 20 years’ experience on regional, national and cross-border transactions.
In recent years her primary focus has been on corporate deals, supporting the partners in the team on a broad range of matters including mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs and buy-ins, restructuring, joint venture arrangements and corporate governance work.
Clients range from entrepreneurs, owner-managers and SMEs to PLCs and private equity investors, across a number of sectors including pharmaceuticals, insurance, manufacturing and service industries.
Kay has been a key member of the team that has won Corporate Law Firm of the Year at the Insider South East Dealmakers Awards five times, most recently in 2020.
- Advising the shareholder of leading IFA and wealth management company Skerritt Consultants Limited on £55m private equity investment
- Advising the shareholder of a leading stockist and reseller of IT equipment on share sale and major private equity investment
- Acting for a leading English wine producer in relation to an investment by a third party private investor and the buy out of minority shareholders
- Advising on the private equity investment into Lightning Fibre Limited, an infrastructure supplier involving fibre-to-premises, by Foresight Group
- Advising on the sale of Ashtons Hospital Pharmacy Services Ltd, involving a management buy-out backed by a private equity investment by LDC
- Advising on the sale of Posturite Limited, a UK-based market-leading ergonomics company, to US global office supplies manufacturer, Fellowes International Group
- Advising Southdown Holdings Limited and Sutton Business Centre Limited on the sale of their substantial property businesses at Sutton Business Park and Sutton Business Centre to Netherlands based industrial and commercial property group, Capital Industrial B.V.
- Advising on the sale of specialist family owned insurer, Highworth Insurance Limited to the Aston Lark Group, one of the top five chartered insurance brokers in the country
- Advising on the sale of British Converting Solutions, the UK’s leading manufacturer of box making machinery, to German buyer, Kolbus, part of an international group