Giving you total support.
Through our huge breadth of work with regional, national and international charities, DMH Stallard has established itself as a leading legal partner for the charity sector. Our clients’ deliver and support a broad spectrum of charitable activities in areas including social housing, religion, the arts, care for children and vulnerable adults, animal charities, education, health and the relief of poverty.
Our charity sector expertise
Our success is built on a strong understanding of the constraints within which charities have to operate, and of the challenges they face whether regulatory, financial, reputational or elsewhere.
Our services for charity sector clients
Our cross-disciplinary charity team advises clients on a full range of contentious and non-contentious matters including employment, trust issues and property transactions, including all aspects of commercial conveyancing, dispute resolution and finance.
Among the key areas of support we offer charities are:
Corporate and Commercial, supporting organisational and financial requirements including:
- Registration of new charities
- Gift Aid
- Advising on trustees’ duties and responsibilities
- Mergers and dissolutions
- Employment Tribunal claims (including discrimination and unfair dismissal)
- Restructuring and redundancies
- Operational support
Real Estate, including:
- Managing large and diverse property portfolios
- Development expertise including full service real estate and planning advice
- Tenancy Agreements drafting and review
Regulation, helping charities remain compliant with increasingly complex regulation, including:
- Charities Act
- Data Protection Act
- Equality Act
- Bribery Act
- Companies Act