What they say
"Has established a well-deserved reputation for quality of service and approachability."
Building a better strategy
DMH Stallard is a long-standing legal partner for registered providers of social housing and major arms-length management organisations (ALMOs).
Our current clients include Viridian Housing, BHT, Family Mosaic, Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea TMO and Raven Housing Trust.
We act for many high profile London boroughs and other authorities to help them manage and maximise their public housing stock.
Our services for clients in the social housing sector
Our broad-ranging services for housing providers include:
Site acquisition, assembly, regeneration, development and disposals
- Acquiring sites for development exclusively for social housing and also for mixed tenure estates
- Site assembly and regeneration
- Joint venture developments
- Acquisition of section 106 affordable housing
- Disposal of private sale residential and commercial units within predominantly social housing schemes
- Shared ownership plot sales
- Acquisition and disposals through stock rationalisation
- Extra care schemes
- Section 106 planning agreements, highways, drainage and other infrastructure agreements, nominations agreements, service level agreements, development management agreements
Property portfolio management
- Managing large and diverse property portfolios
- Development expertise, including full service real estate and planning advice
- Tenancy agreement drafting and review
Leasehold and tenancy management
- Understanding and facilitating effective landlord/tenant relationships
- Full housing tenancy service including rent arrears, injunctions, possessions, and right-to-buy and staircasing issues
- Award-winning technology platform to support high volume debt and leasehold recovery programmes
Corporate & commercial
- Regulatory and statutory compliance
- Innovative funding solutions, including affordable homes programme contracts
- Joint Venture agreements, ensuring best value for money and protecting against risk
- Commercial contracts and procurement
- Contractual disputes including judicial review
- Development agreements
- Contract amendments
- Professional appointments
- Collateral warranties
- Employment Tribunal claims, including discrimination and unfair dismissal
- Restructuring and redundancies
- Operational support
How we do it
We understand and are strongly committed to meeting the requirements of the social housing sector.
We have developed services and structures best suited to supporting clients with the broadest spectrum of legal needs, from operational management to strategic governance and direction. A good number of our client relationships develop into long-term partnerships lasting many years.
Our work typically includes real estate acquisition, development and disposal, employment, housing management, leasehold enforcement and commercial work. Our teams also regularly provide legal training and support for executive teams.