What they say
"He gives advice that he knows will work for us and he explains things simply."
Chambers & Partners UK 2021
Whilst Greg’s main focus is on advising on employment
law issues, Greg also acts as the relationship lead with many of the Firm’s business owner clients. Having spent several years working with and supporting mid-market businesses in London and the South East, Greg is able to manage and guide business owners through day-to-day business challenges and will bring in support from other experts within the Firm as required.
Greg builds an understanding of the business, investing time in getting to know the owner and the senior management team. This ensures that the DMH Stallard team supporting the business is able to provide focussed, succinct, business-ready solutions.
Greg’s own expertise allows him to guide businesses through complex change management programmes, and business critical projects – this includes restructures, senior employee exits and settlement agreements, TUPE, changing contracts of employment, and defending complex Tribunal claims. Greg is one of the key members of the Firm’s GDPR team, and works with organisations to get them up to a GDPR compliant level.
Greg also acts for senior executives to plan and negotiate their exits from their roles, including advising on settlement agreements including enhanced termination packages, restrictive covenants, share options and LTIPs.
He qualified as a solicitor in 2000.
- Advising a City-based global reinsurance company on a business transformation project involving closure of one of its UK sites, and moving a large part of its UK business from London to Germany
- Representing a financial services business in pursuing High Court proceedings against a former Director for breach of contract
- Acting for the UK’s largest independent brewery in harmonising and updating the contracts of employment for their 1,200 brewery and pub-based staff
- Advising a City-based utilities company on a business critical project redesigning roles within the organisation, and managing consequential redundancies from the business
Greg's memberships and associations
- Employment Lawyers Association