What our restructuring and insolvency lawyers do
DMH Stallard provides a comprehensive, highly effective and commercially-focused legal service for insolvency practitioners.
What they say
"..highly competent; they get the job done."
Restructuring and Insolvency client
Our litigation specialists have successfully realised millions of pounds for our insolvency practitioner clients through court actions. Our expertise in this field includes bringing actions for preferences, transactions at undervalue, fraud, illegal dividends, misfeasance and wrongful trading.
In addition, we provide broad and experienced legal support for insolvency practitioners dealing with office holder appointments, business and asset disposals.
We run litigation cases for all types of office holder and provide support on every kind of court application an office-holder may need to make or defend.
Our litigation services include:
- Actions for preferences, transactions at undervalue, fraud, illegal dividends, misfeasance and wrongful trading
- Defence against challenges by creditors, directors or bankrupts
- Advisory support on an office-holders’ role and on technical aspects of the liquidation, administration and bankruptcy regimes
Our transactional services include:
- Appointment of administrators, whether out of court or by application
- Sales of business and assets of a company, whether out of administration or liquidation.
- Realisation of bankruptcy assets for trustees
How our restructuring and insolvency lawyers work
By responding quickly to instructions and swiftly turning around high-quality advice, we keep the commercial considerations of our insolvency practitioner clients in sharp focus.
Our strong commitment to commercially-appropriate services is evidenced by our complete litigation funding solutions.
Click here to read more about our other restructuring and insolvency services.
How we've helped
We acted for a liquidator of a leisure company with multiple sister companies which had engaged in a complex million pound asset-stripping fraud involving many transactions and parties. After supporting the extensive investigation, and before proceedings, we robustly engaged with the defendants and were able to quickly achieve an excellent out of court settlement, bringing substantial monies back into the estate and enabling a dividend to creditors.